11.11.03

Cycle Of Life

yo yo...
I realised something... There is a certain cycle of life that is going on here. In terms of conversation...
Let's See...
When you are child, you mainly talk about the toys the you have or the wantting of a dog. You think of nothing but sweets, play and when is my toy coming!
Then you move on to your teens and more of less you talk about the opposite sex and all that jazz.. And most of your time is devoted to thinking of what to do and where to meet/see/touch? the opposite sex...
The we head over to the semi-adult life, where by for men, it will be mainly about the army. And words that you have not been taught in school start coming out and in other languages too (how nulti-racial is that?!?!). SOC, BMT, Shiok, Steam (maybe this one more will know earlier), Shack, kanan, kiri, knock it down, beh tahan, etc. For the women, it will be mainly about their bf in the army. About what happen to their sweet caring bf, turning into very homorne charge MCP, that act like a dog ever time the night hits and ever time a sunday morning comes about. Woman have extra worry as they seek out to be themselves as individuals while the men gets into their second childhood experiece of living in a kampong....
Next, come the onslaught of full adulthood. Now, you start to talk about the how to get married to the one you love ( or something this topic is forced onto you :P) Anyway, you start to be stingy, think a lot, be very serious and always have aim. And to think that a couple of years ago you were thinking of where is the toy arriving. Couple with marriage, there is the other favourite topic of home. Decoration becomes part of the topic and everyone got an idea. Fish-tank seems to be a must and making it at the cheapest cost is the other benchmark. There is also a topic of children, and although some people will not admit it. Most of the people will start comparing. How big my kid is bigger then your kid, how heavier is my kids to yours and the untimate of how I do not need to stuggle anymore about x number of years! Even baby pram can be a full on topic. My advice is just let it slide .. you grew up ok right?

Why this sudden outburst of words you might ask. I dunno. Maybe it is becasue after listern to friends, relatives, collegues these part couple of weeks. It made me think about it. Are we all trying to fit into the peopel around us? Or are we really individuals that are striving for something that is uniquely US? Taking from a friend that said this one day.. " last time you all talk about football. This team and that team. Who playing who and what champion. I have no idea what it was all about. Then now that I have got to know of all this by listerning and looking and watching, today you guys are all talking about how big your luo han fish is, how much luck it will bring and how to get the best filtering system. What is up with that.....!!" This brought a smile to my face and roars of laughter from everyone else...

I guess while striving to be individuals we are looking for others to take the lead first. I guess that is also a very 'Singaporean'. We take are very into what ever is happening around us and will do the very best to adapt. However, certain things are funny in a way that it will always be there. Example like, looking for a gf/bf, getting married, buying a HDB house and 2.5 children! :)

I have not done this the conventional way. I have no desire to stay in a HDB flat, even though I am living in one now. I have no desire to be working for the rest of my life. You might just say that 'aigh, you just cannot make it!'. And yes, I have to admit that I might just be a slacker at heart, but who wouldn't be happy not to have no responsibility for a day... at least.....

=======================
Once Is Never Enough ;P
=======================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home