30.3.04

yo yo...
Yesteday I was sick... well ..sort of sick.. I usually can battle out my sickness and feel better at the later part of the day. but yesterday I gave up! :)
The reason being.. I guess it was Monday blues? hahah.. ... just tired i guess...
Well, maybe the sunday night trip to Madam Wong sort of tip the scale a little...keke...

Anyway... I think I am looking very much forward to the 'Wanton Me' thingie... Really a hot sell on TV... Talking about TV and theatre.... I recently see this add on Channel i about the people that are in the group and i see all the familar faces... Adrain Pang, Adrain Lim, Pamela Oei...etc..and they are all theatre people... hmm... it theatre really that bad that they have to do this... well, in their 'low' period... or are the good stuff all taken up by the same people again and again... I beento a few shows and I always see the same people...the hossian leong,, pamela, selena, betracia, etc... .I am not sure if it is a good thing or not? are people really seeing that the thertre as nothing?? I remember that in Aust...going for a play after dinner was quite a thing, as in quite easy to find something to watch..... for that i blame sistic and ticket charge.... why can't we have some shows that sells 80%-90% of tickets online and leave the remaining ones to be sold on the spot...no cheaper and definatly not more expensive.... just no discount..
So then, when people walk pass after dinner and see it... 'oh.. Thats sound nice... Let's go watch it'.... That seems like a good thing to do...issit?
There is this talk on Class 95 about our theatre not going global...well... how to? when the best selling shows are 'too local'... like 'DimSum Dollies' ...great show and cast, but the stuff are too local and asia...that maybe not a lot of people will understand it in other country.....
Unlike the shows of the past ...like Beauty World, Fried Rice Paradise....which are asian but has a good flair that the west can understand.... think of it this way... u think 'Cats' will be better undersand if we change it to 'Kuching' ?? And have ths whole cast speak in dialet here and there through the whole show??
I guess this is a rant.... :) let see wat i think of next
------------------------
Once Is Never Enough ;P
------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home